Roommate Matching - DPS roomate

Find a roommate during the 49th DPS meeting in Provo, Utah. You must log in to post. Click the Register or Login link to create a username and password.
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lizethmagana
New
AAS Member ID: 56179
First Name: Lizeth
Last Name: Magana
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Roommate Matching - DPS roomate

Post by lizethmagana » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm

I would like to find a roommate. I will be staying at the Provo Marriott Hotel from the 10/15 to the 10/20. I am a female graduate student and would like to find another graduate student or post-doc. Please message me at lizeth.magana@swri.org if you would like to split the room.

Lizeth Magana

PaulaG
New
AAS Member ID: 46167
First Name: Paula
Last Name: Granados
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Roommate Matching - DPS roomate

Post by PaulaG » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi Lizeth,
I'm Paula and I'm interested in sharing the room with you. For the moment, I'm just looking into the options. Can I ask you... do you already have a room booked? Will you be checking out on the 10/20?
Regards,
Paula Granados

lizethmagana
New

Post by lizethmagana » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Hello Paula Granados,

I am in the process of booking the room. Since I have to schedule through my place of employment, it takes a few days. I have requested to check in on 10/15 and check out on 10/20.

Lizeth Magana

PaulaG
New

Post by PaulaG » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:05 am

Hi Lizeth,
Would you mind telling me what will the total cost be for those 5 nights? I need to consult the lodging expense with my supervisor.
Regards,
Paula

lizethmagana
New

Post by lizethmagana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Paula,

Of course, the total will be around 1025+tax, or approximately 575 per person. Since the room is still in the process of being booked, this is only an estimate.

Lizeth Magana

PaulaG
New

Post by PaulaG » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Lizeth,
Is that with the DPS discount?

lizethmagana
New

Post by lizethmagana » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:35 pm

The estimated amount was calculated without the DPS discount. When I tried booking a room using the provided code, I received this message:
"Sorry, there are no rooms remaining in the group block for a particular night. Please contact the Hotel directly for assistance."

For this reason I am unsure if we will be able to receive the reduced price as I am unsure of what the travel department at my institution will be able to do about it.
I can provide the exact amount after my request is complete but for now, I decided to overestimate as a precautionary measure.

Lizeth Magana

PaulaG
New

Post by PaulaG » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:32 pm

Lizeth,
I would really appreciate if you keep me posted.
Regards,
Paula

lizethmagana
New

Post by lizethmagana » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:39 am

Yes, I will let you know once I get the confirmation and final amount.

Lizeth Magana

PaulaG
New

Post by PaulaG » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Lizeth,
A college from my university is also going to the DPS, she already have a room booked and invited me to share the room with her. I apologize, I won't be sharing a room with you. I hope you find someone to share the expense soon.
Regards,
Paula

lizethmagana
New

Post by lizethmagana » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:51 pm

That is okay! Thank you anyway!

katieprimm
New
AAS Member ID: 56177
First Name: Katie
Last Name: Primm

Post by katieprimm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Lizeth,

Are you still looking for a roommate at DPS? I'm a fellow graduate student and would love to share the room with you!

Thanks,
-Katie

hayleynw
New
AAS Member ID: 44127
First Name: Hayley
Last Name: Williamson

Post by hayleynw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Katie or Lizeth,

Do either of you still need a roommate? I'm a female grad student looking for someone to share a conference hotel room with. I haven't booked one yet, though.

lizethmagana
New

Post by lizethmagana » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:35 am

Hello Hayley,

Sorry for the delayed response! I hadn't checked the forum in awhile. I would be happy to share a room with you. I have a room booked and everything is in order if you are still interested.

Lizeth Magana

Return to “49th DPS Meeting Roommate Search Forum”