Roommate Matching Female Grad Student Needs Female Roommates

Find a roommate during AAS meetings. You must log in to post. Click the Register or Login link to create a username and password. Check out the San Diego CA Meeting Pages for more information about the meeting.
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
marmichan
New
AAS Member ID: 37744
First Name: Mahmuda
Last Name: Afrin Badhan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Roommate Matching Female Grad Student Needs Female Roommates

Post by marmichan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello ^_^

I am a senior (mid-20s) female graduate student in exoplanets flying in for this meeting. I am scheduled to be arriving on the 11th, so I have a room booked at a Days Inn location (it is a pretty nice looking room) from June 11th to 16th (five nights). It has two queen beds about 3.7 miles north of the convention center, close to the Sea World and airport (free transport to/from airport). Breakfast is included in hotel price. I am planning on using public transport (there are ample options ~30 minute commute) and Uber to get around, unless I can find carpool options with other attendants there from people driving in. (Btw, parking at the resort is around 5 USD per day.) Prospective roommates are welcome to ride with me for free if I am using Uber.

I am looking for two other female roommates to split the hotel cost with. With two queen beds, the room can actually house four people, but I tend to have trouble sleeping if I am sharing my bed, hence the two people max restriction (so I'm assuming you are okay sharing the other queen with someone). The room does allow the option of adding a separate inflatable bed. So if someone is okay with that, we can go with four. If we have 3 people, total cost will be about 150 per person (225 if I get only one other person).

Please message me (or e-mail at th3tsubie@gmail.com) if you are a female attending AAS and interested in splitting the cost for this place with me. Undergrads/younger women are welcome and I'll be more than happy to help you network etc. for grad school/jobs as well since I am a pretty social person and love helping younger students (and also work at a NASA center). Also, I don't drink so I can promise you that I will be able to stay out of trouble. :)

Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “San Diego CA - AAS 228th Meeting Roommate Search”