Roommate matching - DPS 2015

Find a roommate during DPS meetings. You must log in to post. Click the Register or Login link to create a username and password. Check out the Washington DC Meeting Pages for more information about the meeting.
Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mjposton
New
AAS Member ID: 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Roommate matching - DPS 2015

Post by mjposton » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

I am looking either to join a room that is looking for more, or to find a roommate for the room I have reserved.
The room I have on reserve is from Sunday, Nov 8 through checkout on Friday, Nov 13.
The quoted cost is $1,470 (all included), so for two people that would be $735 each. If your needs overlap with only four of the nights, we'll work it out appropriately.

I am a male postdoc, in case that is important to you. I do not have any preference of age or gender in a roommate, but I am sensitive to cigarette smoke and strong perfumes.

If you think we may be a match, please reply here.

Thank you!
Michael J Poston

sabrina.gaertner
New
AAS Member ID: 50138
First Name: Sabrina
Last Name: Gaertner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Roommate matching - DPS 2015

Post by sabrina.gaertner » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Michael,

I'm a female post-doc and looking for a roommate as well (I made a reservation 7th to 13th yesterday, so we would have to cancel one of the reservations).
I am non-smoker, so no issues with that. However, I'm living in Europe, so might be tired rather early in the evenings. If that's not a problem for you, I would be happy to share a room with you.

Cheers
Sabrina

mjposton
New
AAS Member ID: 0

Re: Roommate matching - DPS 2015

Post by mjposton » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi Sabrina,

Sounds good! My room mate last year was from Europe and similarly needed to sleep early. Send me an email at mjposton (at) caltech (dot) edu and we can work out details.

Cheers!
Michael J Poston

Return to “Washington DC - DPS 47th Meeting Roommate Search”