Childcare coordination -- looking for childcare/nanny share

Find a childcare help or coordinate collaborative trips for kids (i.e. a joint trip to the local zoo/museums) during AAS meetings. You must log in to post. Click the Register or Login link to create a username and password. Check out the Seattle WA Meeting Pages for more information about the meeting.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ihstairs
New
AAS Member ID: 17690
First Name: Ingrid
Last Name: Stairs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Childcare coordination -- looking for childcare/nanny share

Post by ihstairs » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:53 pm

I'll be bringing my 20-month-old twins to the Seattle meeting, and will be looking for childcare during meeting hours Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I'd love to share with one or two similarly-aged kids to bring down costs, if possible. And I'm looking for recommendations for how to find a caregiver in the first place!

Hoping to hear from other families,
Ingrid

DaraNorman
New
AAS Member ID: 19798
First Name: Dara
Last Name: Norman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Childcare coordination -- looking for childcare/nanny sh

Post by DaraNorman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi, My understanding is that there will be childcare at the convention center. The AAS has in the past provided childcare relatively cheaply through KiddieCorp Inc.
I have used the service in the past at several meetings and been very satisfied. And although my kids sometimes complain at first, when I come to get them, they don't want to leave. (There is often separate space for older kids and babies.) I am waiting for more details regarding care at this meeting since signing up in advance is helpful in insuring that there is space.

ihstairs
New
AAS Member ID: 17690
First Name: Ingrid
Last Name: Stairs

Post by ihstairs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm

The meeting website says, "Parents are responsible for making arrangements for childcare," so I think we do have to figure it out ourselves. Maybe if we ask the AAS they can help us set something up at the Convention Center?

DaraNorman
New
AAS Member ID: 19798
First Name: Dara
Last Name: Norman

Post by DaraNorman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi,
That line is very misleading! Yes you have to arrange for care, BUT you can arrange for it with the onsite provider.
I have asked about it and it is from old language. No one has updated that page in forever!
I just got an email from Kiddie Corp about registration for the Seattle AAS. The email address is
https://kiddiecorp.com/aaskids.htm
And addition contact info is at info@kiddiecorp.com or by phone at (858) 455-1718
Don't worry about the deadline, I GOT the email on the Deadline and just noticed it today!

DARA (dnorman@noao.edu)

Return to “Seattle - AAS 225th Meeting Childcare Sharing & Collaborative Networking”